It is an extraordinary time for Standard BioTools. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Standard BioTools, we are building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed, and influenced by our core behaviors:
- Keep customers front and center in all of our work
- Be accountable and deliver on commitments
- Drive continuous improvement
- Be collaborative and work as one team: fostering communications in a learning, coaching, and helpful environment
Standard BioTools is looking for a motivated HR Generalist to join our team. The HR generalist will provide support to HR operations, as well as support our US employee base. The scope of this role spans a broad range of work, including but not limited to onboarding, compliance, employee engagement, development, and relations.
- Facilitate exceptional candidate experience through the onboarding process
- Ensure all new hire documentation are stored in Workday management system such as: signed offer letter, I-9 verification documents, Country identification number, visas and work permits, and others.
- Organize and conduct new hire orientation for the US while creating a positive first impression of the company
- Facilitate exceptional candidate experience throughout the onboarding process
- Support managers and employees through coaching and employee development programs
- Collaborate with managers on performance management and development, training, and onboarding and offboarding initiatives and liaise with the broader HR team to evolve existing processes and programs aligned with HR objectives
- Provides advice and counsel to managers regarding employee practices, policy and employment laws (e.g., coaching, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance. Partners with the legal and HR team when needed
- Conduct workplace investigations to fully understand concerns and provide clear and accurate advice in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program as needed; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to all EEO and other regulations as required.
- Be an employee advocate
- Ensure employment transactions are recorded in Workday such as promotions, adjustments, etc.
- Maintains effective level of business literacy about the business
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or relevant experience.
- minimum 3+ years of Human Resources experience
- In depth knowledge and experience in HR compliance and reporting.
- Working knowledge of Immigration support and employment law.
- Self-starter, ability to think on your own, creative problem solving.
- Excellent collaboration skills to enable the business
- Systems capabilities: MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills
- Effective communication skills (influential across written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies is an asset
- Willingness to learn and to be involved on various projects
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Standard BioTools is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.