Would you like to join an innovative team driven by a bold vision – unleashing tools to accelerate breakthroughs in human health?
It is an extraordinary time for Standard BioTools. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Standard BioTools, we are building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed, and influenced by our core behaviors:
- Keep customers front and center in all of our work.
- Be accountable and deliver on commitments.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Be collaborative and work as one team: fostering communications in a learning, coaching, and helpful environment.
We are looking for a Field Applications Scientist, to be based in Japan. You will provide remote and on-site customer training and applications support and facilitate instrument sales by conducting technical seminars and product demonstrations. In addition, you will manage customer sites with the goal of maximizing the use of the Mass Cytometry platform in the field primarily in Japan. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenge, and work well in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
- Conduct on-site and in-house customer training courses.
- Provide phone-, email-, and in-person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis.
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, presentations).
- Provide technical sales support by conducting applications-based seminars and product demonstrations.
- Manage proof-of-principle experiments for potential customers evaluating or writing grant applications for purchase of the CyTOF.
- Conduct new product evaluation/testing with R&D and beta test sites.
- Provide constructive personal and customer feedback to R&D team.
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database.
- Communicate project status, issues to management, users and staff.
- Interacts with customers and distributors to resolve issues, sponsor projects, provide technical support, and build relationships.
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as field services, customer support/services, product management, manufacturing and marketing/sales.
- Timely and professionally handle field support calls and issues arising from customer sites, triage with field service engineer as appropriate.
- Ensures timely and effective resolution to customer problems and issues. Ensures that all customer calls/cases are properly received, logged, and tracked until resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. in life sciences is required. Ph.D. and strong immunology background preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology lab is required.
- Skilled in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, applications, and analysis of flow cytometry and/or mass spectrometry platforms.
- High level bioinformatics skills are highly desirable.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and technical writing ability.
- Strong communication skills and experience delivering scientific presentations.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Independent thinker with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative attitude within and outside own discipline.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills for English language is required of this job.
- Approximately 60% - 70% travel in Japan, with some international travel.
Standard BioTools is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.