Would you like to join an innovative team driven by a bold vision – unleashing tools to accelerate breakthroughs in human health?
It is an extraordinary time for Standard BioTools. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Standard BioTools, we are building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed, and influenced by our core behaviors:
- Keep customers front and center in all our work
- Be accountable and deliver on commitments
- Drive continuous improvement utilizing LEAN and Kaizen Philosophies.
- Be collaborative and work as one team: fostering communications in a learning, coaching, and helpful environment
Standard BioTools seeks a progressive Production Operations Director / Plant Director
Location: Markham, Canada
The Director will ensure that products’ quality requirements are consistently met as per set KPIs. The responsibilities also include top performance on safety, quality, production, shipping activities and overall supply chain oversight.
The Director will ensure alignment with all functional groups including, quality and supply chain to drive a consistent process and standard approach.
The Director will also be responsible for supervising production and a talented team of technicians, as well as the supply chain group (purchasing and planning).
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards. Identify, develop, and establish Critical Key Performance indicators and lead the site team to achieve the set strategies and goals.
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities that are consistent with effective operations and cost factors.
- Oversee the purchasing and planning team
- Implement and participate in Lean practices, and projects. Conduct Kaizen on a periodic basis, identify Muda, and problem solve to drive efficiencies.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvements.
- Actively manage and coordinate productions activities with Master Planning, scheduling, procurement to ensure most optimal use of working capital yet achieving best in class delivery performance
- Lead, participate and be a full member of the Health and Safety Committees to establish strategies and plans for improving health and safety.
- Collaborate with and assist the Quality team in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and work instructions designed to eliminate operating issues and improve product quality. Ensure best in class quality performance is achieved.
- Oversee maintenance, equipment activities, and quality to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel, and equipment.
- Review and analyze production reports (downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of nonconformity with production specifications and/or operations production problems.
- Responsible for supplier oversight and strategy
- Liaison with commercial team to ensure planning and production is prepared to meet the quarterly forecast.
- Oversee the plants kaizen funnel, problem solving activities, and continuous improvements framework to ensure performance is improved month after month.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as needed as a result of equipment failure, operating problems.
- Establish countermeasures to minimize impact to stakeholders.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, or a related field.
- 12+ years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- 8+ years of supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean methodology experience and mindset (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Muda, etc.) preferred.
- Strong financial acumen in managing plant financials. Good understanding of managerial accounting, standard costing, and interpretation of financial statements.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program management.
- Experience in ISO 13845 quality and standards is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication proficiency, decision making, problem solving and analysis. Team player/builder and a driver of value-added results
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs and business initiatives.
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the organization.
- A Global mindset.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Standard BioTools is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.